CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

October Celebrations

Photobucket

Dad is home from the hospital! He is doing as well as can be expected after such major surgery. I was a little afraid for a while that he and Mom wouldn't be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary next summer. Of course, something could still happen but for now things are good.

We Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October - the 2nd Monday which is in 1 week. We as a family certainly have something to be thankful this year!

The other celebration I have been thinking of is Halloween. As a Christian, I do not celebrate it and never have. Actually the "decorations" and costumes are quite abhorent to me. Today, I found an article explaining why one woman doesn't celebrate Halloween - I couldn't have said it better. I would encourage anyone to read it.

0 thoughts from friends: